Melon moonshine has a mild taste and a barely noticeable melon aroma. Making a drink at home is tricky, but worth it. The main thing is to adhere to the recommendations for manufacturing. In this case, you get a strong, aromatic and at the same time mild alcohol.
The benefits and harms of melon tincture on moonshine
Melon is rich in vitamins that have a positive effect on the human body:
- A large amount of iron increases the level of hemoglobin, improves the functioning of the circulatory system.
- Beta-carotene has a beneficial effect on the condition of hair and skin.
- Vitamin C increases the body's resistance to viral infections, increasing immunity.
- Antioxidants keep blood vessels in good shape.
Moderate use of melon tincture on moonshine stabilizes the mental state: relieves fatigue, eliminates sleep disturbances, improves memory, against which irritability disappears.
Folic acid, which melon is rich in, has a beneficial effect on the heart and brain.
Despite the healing properties, the drink is not recommended to be consumed in the following cases:
- with diseases of the kidneys and cardiovascular system;
- melon allergies;
- due to the high sugar content, moonshine is contraindicated in diabetes mellitus;
- when breastfeeding;
- during the treatment of dysbiosis;
- in the presence of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract of a bacterial nature.
Of course, do not forget that excessive alcohol consumption is harmful to health. The daily rate should not exceed 50 ml.
Melon moonshine preparation technology
For the preparation of melon moonshine, only ripe fruits are used. They contain from 7% to 15% sugar. Also, the product is suitable for its acidity, which fluctuates within 1%.
The drink will acquire an unpleasant taste if pulp gets into the moonshine still, so it is recommended to make melon moonshine from juice. The aromatic liquid contains 18-21% sugar. Before cooking, the fruits are peeled and the seeds and fibers are completely removed. Also, the subcutaneous part of the white pulp is cut off. It contains a lot of pectin, which, when distilled, will increase the volume of methanol in the moonshine, and this carries a certain health hazard.
Pieces of pulp are placed in a container and filled with moonshine so that they completely drown in it. Cover loosely and leave in a cool, dark place for a week. Then the liquid is filtered, sugar is added to the pulp and kept for three days. The syrup is filtered and combined with moonshine.
The yield of the finished product can be significantly increased if you use a mixture of melon juice with yellow raspberry juice for cooking. In addition, it will make the taste of the drink more expressive.
Melon moonshine with ginger
The recipe for homemade melon moonshine with ginger will allow you to prepare a delicious and healthy alcoholic drink.
- 1 liter of moonshine;
- 2 g vanillin;
- 10 g minced ginger;
- 1 large juicy melon.
- Rinse the melon thoroughly under running water, wipe off with a disposable napkin. Cut the fruit in two and remove the seeds. Leave the peel. Cut the melon so that the pieces can crawl into the neck of the bottle.
- Pour the melon with moonshine, add vanillin and ginger. Shake the contents and leave the container in a dark, warm room.
- After 20 days, remove the liquid from the sediment and pour into another bowl.If desired, you can add dextrose or more ginger. This will soften the drink and slightly sweeten it.
Melon moonshine with ammonia
Melon moonshine recipe with ammonia.
- 20 kg of melon;
- 250 g of compressed yeast;
- 2 drops of ammonia;
- 2 kg of granulated sugar.
- They start by preparing the main product. The melon is washed, cut in two and the fruit is cored together with the seeds. The peel is cut off.
- Juice is squeezed out of the pulp. Pour sugar into the resulting liquid and stir until completely dissolved.
- Yeast is diluted in warm water. The resulting mixture is combined with melon juice and stirred. Ammonia is dripped and left to ferment for 10 days.
- At the end of fermentation, the mash is kept for another 10 hours, removed from the sediment, distilled and filtered. Secondary distillation is then carried out. Separate the "head" and "tail" of the liquid. Before use, the drink is kept for another three days.
Melon moonshine sweet
- 250 g cane sugar;
- 0.5 l of moonshine;
- 0.5 l of filtered water.
- Peel the melon, remove the seeds. The pulp is finely crumbled.
- Pieces of fruit are placed in a suitable container and filled with moonshine so that it completely covers the pulp.
- Cover loosely and leave in a cool, dark place for a week.
- After the allotted time, the liquid is filtered and placed in a refrigerator. Pour 100 g of sugar into the pulp, stir and leave for three days so that the crystals dissolve completely.
- Filter the syrup, add the remaining sugar. Pour the pulp with water, mix and squeeze the resulting mass into syrup. The liquid is slightly warmed up so that the sugar is completely dissolved. Cooled and combined with moonshine from the refrigerator. Before drinking, the drink is kept for a month.
Melon mash recipe for moonshine
- 25 g dry yeast (150 g pressed);
- 1 kg 500 g of fine sugar;
- 15 kg of ripe melon.
- The fruits are washed, cut into two parts and the seeds are removed. Juice is squeezed out of the pulp.
- Pour the juice into a fermentation container, add sugar. Yeast is diluted according to the instructions on the label and added to the liquid. Stir.
- A water seal is installed on the neck of the container, or a medical glove is put on, making a puncture in one of the fingers with a needle.
- Melon mash is placed in a dark, warm place. With yeast, fermentation will last from 5 to 10 days. It will take about a month with sourdough.
- When the glove deflates and the odor trap stops bubbling, the wort will become lighter and slightly bitter. Braga is drained from the sediment and distillation is started.
How to infuse moonshine on a melon
- Braga is distilled for the first time, taking the distillate until the strength is below 30%. The fortress is measured. Determine the amount of absolute alcohol (the strength is multiplied by the volume and divided by 100).
- The resulting liquid is diluted with water to 20% and distilled again.
- The first third of the outlet is poured into a separate bowl. This liquid contains harmful substances, therefore it is dangerous to drink it.
- When the yield strength falls below 45 degrees, the selection of the main product is completed. Ready-made melon moonshine is diluted with water to 40%. Before use, they are kept for 3 days in a dark, cool room, poured into glass containers and hermetically sealed.
Terms and conditions of storage
Melon moonshine, prepared according to all the rules, based on natural ingredients, with a strength of at least 50 degrees, can be stored for 5 or more years. The drink should be poured into glass containers with a tight-fitting lid. The temperature in the storage room for alcohol should not exceed 15 ° C.
Since melon is used in the manufacture of moonshine, this significantly reduces the shelf life of the drink.
Melon moonshine is a great option to process a large crop of melons.You can come up with your own recipe by adding aromatic spices and herbs. The drink will acquire a unique aroma and taste, and the recipe will be passed down from generation to generation.